This mining company was formed in 1856 in Duisburg. Operations were unsuccessful, and mining ceased in 1859. The company continued in existence as property administrators until it was liquidated around 1931. The design of the large format share is far more glorious than the company's history. Author Hans Braun tells us that the design can be attributed to the artist Theodor Mintrop (1814-70), an important member of the Düsseldorf School.